Warning: this is an htmlized version!
The original is across this link,
and the conversion rules are here.
#!/bin/sh
# (find-angg "bin/kbrequest")
# (find-fline "/etc/inittab" "kbrequest")
#   kb::kbrequest:/home/root/vtutil/vtscreenshot
#   telinit q
# (find-es "page" "vcsa2pnm")
# (find-angg "MTA/Makefile")
# (find-angg "MTA/vtutil" "examples_of_usage")

# (find-node "(bash)Conditional Constructs" "[[")
# (find-node "(bash)Shell Parameter Expansion" "`${PARAMETER:-WORD}'")
# (find-es "bash" "var_expansion")



VCSADEV=${VCSADEV:-/dev/vcsa0}
   FONT=${FONT:-mathlatin.8}

# echo VCSADEV: $VCSADEV
# echo FONT: $FONT

if [[ -e /tmp/ncaptures ]]; then
  N=$(</tmp/ncaptures)
else
  N=0
fi

N=$[$N+1]
echo $N > /tmp/ncaptures

cd $(dirname $0)
dllua inc.lua vtutil.lua \
  -e 'writefile("/tmp/'$N'.ppm",
		vcsatoBIGstr(readfile("'$VCSADEV'"),
			     loadfont("'$FONT'"),
			     9,
			     vcsa_colors
			    )
               )
     '

pnmtopng < /tmp/$N.ppm > /tmp/$N.png
rm /tmp/$N.ppm

exit


# 99dec06: but when I tried to use these pngs in netscape I noticed
# that it (netscape 4.5) really really really doesn't like the pngs
# generated by convert (from imagemagick); so, use the ones created by
# pnmtopng for anything serious.